Women in Voice Inaugural Summit
Global | Virtual | July 20-22, 2021
WOMEN IN VOICE
Join us for a virtual celebration dedicated to advancing women’s careers in Voice!
At the Women in Voice Inaugural Summit, people around the world will gather to exchange best practices, advance the Voice field, and advance humanity with our collective voices.
With educational workshops, lectures, panel discussions, roundtables, mentorship sessions, and an Awards Ceremony, the Women in Voice Inaugural Summit will facilitate meaningful conversations and connections for people and who want to pivot to be in the Voice sphere.
Get your ticket today!
Meet the Speakers!
Learn all about the emerging work – and which incredible women are doing it.
Opening Keynote Speaker
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Product Management Director for the Assistant Developer Platform at Google Assistant
Rebecca leads the Google Assistant Developer Platform product team. The team creates tools and end-user experiences that help developers build amazing visual and voice experiences for the Google Assistant. Rebecca has led product teams at Box, Jobvite, NetSuite, and Shutterfly, working across enterprise software, consumer products, and developer products. She holds a BA in International Relations from Stanford University and an MBA from Carnegie-Mellon’s Tepper School of Business.
Closing Keynote Speaker
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Senior VUI Designer at Amazon Alexa
Let’s Learn Together
Take a sneak peek at our hands-on learning and demystifying women’s careers in tech.
Here is the content guiding our Summit this year!
⚙️ ACROSS THE STACK
Backend, Frontend, and Voice Everywhere
What to expect:
For this track, we’ll have people talking about their work and expertise in a specific subdomain of the voice field.
🚀 SO YOU WANT TO WORK IN VOICE?
Career, Upskilling, and Expertise
What to expect:
We’re going to be hosting workshops about getting your foot in the door, rising the ranks, founding your own team, how to make money in the space, and why to stay in the field.
⚡️ GET PAID, LOVE YOUR TEAM, AND MAKE INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS
What to expect:
For this one we’ll have talks and roundtable discussions about negotiating your compensation package, knowing your worth to the company, assembling great teams, fostering empathy and DEI, and creating inclusive and innovative products.
😍 WOW HAVE YOU SEEN HER WORK?
Work and Career Showcases
What to expect:
For these showcases we’re looking for personal stories that are part of what it means to be a woman in voice.
Examples of talk titles might include:
- Authentic Career Journeys: The Good, Bad, and the Ugly
- I’m really proud of this: Case study
- Pivots and Zigzags: Career directions that aren’t linear
- How I Built That: Founder stories: What it takes to start a team from the ground up
- Legacy in the Field: From then to now
Find Your People
Where else will you meet awesome women from all over the world?
Over the last few years, we’ve found that Women in Voice is the best place for women and allies around the world to meet for network that specifically uplifts women across their careers.
Are you in school and considering careers in voice? Great, this is for you. Are you pivoting and upskilling? Great, you’ll find this helpful also. Are you learning how to rise through the ranks and get that promotion and salary bump? Yes, we’ll talk about salary.
Are you senior and interested in peer support and learning about taking your career to the next step? Yup, we’ve got material for you also. Want to start your own team? Yep, we’ll talk about that also!
It’s going to be a phenomenal 3 days of content!
of women need support in their careers, yup!
of viewers of the WiV website are male. Oh wow! #LoveAllies
of all venture capital funding goes to female founding teams. Ouch
Ready to advance your career?
“I wish I could have attended this event when I was finishing my degrees. I get messages daily from people around the world asking the exact questions we’re going to be covering at this event. Not to be missed.”
Nourish Your Career. Build Your Community. Grow Your Skills.
We support you across your career
- Upskill to pivot your current skills into your voice career
- Build your professional community #Networking
- Learn from incredible women in the space
- Explore intersections of expertise – the breadth and depth of Voice!
- Talk inclusive work environments when everyone can thrive
- Reimagine your role in the technology industry
- Chart your path forward and concrete steps to get there
- Have FUN! Oh yeahhhhhh!
Sponsorship opportunities include…
- Talent: Find and recruit excellent talent across the stack
- DEI: Demonstrate your brand’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Brand: Place your brand and product in front of engaged, top-notch Voice professionals
- Celebrate: Showcase women at your organization & help them develop as speakers
- Live into Your Values: Support Women in Voice’s mission to celebrate, amplify, empower, and provide educational professional development resources
Opportunities range from $3k-10k, $30-$50k USD
Women in Voice Platinum Sponsors
Thanks to our Summit Sponsors!
Get the Women in Voice Newsletter!
Stay up to date with events, and celebrate the success of our members. Find opportunities and discover voice industry insights from some of our brightest minds. All delivered straight to your inbox once a month.
Get your read on! Join the WiV Book Club. We will be exploring topics surrounding the Voice Industry. With a once a month sync chat, and slack channel! Open to women and allies.