Women in Voice (WiV) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
By using the Website, you consent to this policy. For further information, queries or concerns please contact us at admin at womeninvoice.org.
1. Information we collect from you
When you visit our website, we may collect or ask you to provide certain information in a variety of ways. This information may include: Personal Information represents any information that identifies you such as location, browser, etc. These data are anonymized and used for aggregate reporting purposes.
Information We Get From Your Use of Our Services
- Information from Third Parties
- Automatically Collected Information
- Cookies and similar technologies (i.e Google Analytics)
- Devices (i.e. IP Address)
- Location information
- Online Analytics Providers (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Advertising Technology Providers
- Do Not Track Disclosure
2. How we use your personal information
Women in Voice INC may use your Personal Information to:
- Create and manage your account when you register, use or purchase our service;
- Verify your identity and accessibility to our service;
- Provide you with technical and customer support;
- Communicate with you and manage your service participation;
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our products, services and websites;
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our website;
- Provide our service;
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements; and
- Conduct research and support women in tech initiatives through grants and scholarships.
3. What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
When you receive our promotional material or when you link your Women in Voice INC account to your Social Network account, you consent that your Personal Information will be processed by us and we rely on this consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time through opt-in and opt-out policies by contacting admin at womeninvoice.org.
When you fulfill a contract
Women in Voice INC will also process your Personal Information when we need to fulfill a contract with you.
Women in Voice INC also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behavior, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies:
Women in Voice INC may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations such as preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies. Your data may be processed in order to satisfy the applicable law or enforceable governmental request.
4. Your Rights
Whenever you use our services, we strive to provide you with access to your personal information that we process. Moreover, you can update it if they are not correct or to delete it or removed from our system – unless we are obliged to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Moreover, you have additional rights such as to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways, to obtain a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic forms, to object to certain processing of your personal information by us including to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to ask for your data to be made portable.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below. For the protection of your privacy and security, our Team shall take every reasonable step to ensure that your identity is verified before granting access, or rectification, or deletion.
Women in Voice INC’s site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of eighteen (18).
6. Contact Us
7. Changes to this Policy