Location: Remote, the ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is preferred
International 501c3 nonprofit Women in Voice (WiV) has a mission to celebrate and amplify women and gender diversity in the voice technology field. We launched in August 2018 and have growing momentum.
Your initial position will be Membership Coordinator reporting to the COO:
Average 10 hr/week for 3 months, with an average 2hr/day
- 1-2 hours a week: Emailing / Slack / Meetings
- 2-3 hours a week: Creating processes for Membership at WiV Global that partner with WiV Chapters globally
- Evaluating internal documentation, surveys, and goals about membership
- Communications (emailing ambassadors and team)
- Plan, execute and monitor membership implementation in close collaboration with the WiV global team and the chapter leads
- Organizing and editing documents
- Standardizing Database Fields
- Start WiV CRM
- Upload member data into CRM and maintain database
- 1-2 hours per week: Synchronous meetings
- CEO, COO, and CCO syncs weekly
- 3+ hours a week: Creating Assets and Messaging for Social Media and Connecting Platforms
- Curating assets for Social Media
- Deploying and disseminating assets
- Support sending emails
- Coordinate with team on membership front-end & back-end connections
- Timeframe: Starts at 3 months with possibility of 6-8 month extension
- This opportunity will expand your network, ample professional development, portfolio pieces, and explicit and implicit mentorship support.
As the Membership Coordinator, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of membership for Women in Voice Global including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and connections with Chapters and Ambassadors. Lead the membership committee that helps our community live into WiV values and mission
- Implementing our membership program will be among your first assignments. This includes communication across all stakeholders to agree on the final membership program, gather and evaluate chapter requirements, and designing robust membership logistics that will serve our idea of combining global with chapter membership.
- Lead and maintain people who work on membership to evaluate, execute and communicate the work overall
- Develop, plan and implement new procedures and methods within the nonprofit to achieve strategic goals agreed upon with your manager.
- Assist the CEO, CCO, and COO in the development of member centered programs and any related fundraising campaigns.
- Contribute to WiV and to the larger community we serve by enhancing the WiV Member experience, making WiV an enjoyable and meaningful part of their lives.
- Time: 5-10 hours weekly. Part-time, remote, async contract work
- Location: Remote, the ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is preferred
- Intersectional: We believe in diverse teams, we’d love you to be able to speak to what intersectional feminism means to you in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Voice: Ideally has some background in voice and leadership roles
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaborations
- Heart: Has ample amounts of compassion, passion, and vision
- We vs I: Values community and relationships over awards/prizes, boasting, and ego-centric behaviors exclusively
- Respect: You treat yourself and others with respect and dignity
- Empathy and Ambition: High level of empathy, and the ambition to mediate across cultures
- Decorum: Follows the WiV Code of Conduct
- Email Skills: Email savvy. Crafting emails is a breeze
Odds and Ends
- Entrepreneurial: We do not endeavor to be the exclusive owner of employees. We want you to flourish by following your passions. We encourage and enable our employees to pursue that which fuels them and shape our roles to serve both the requirements for this role in addition to outside projects, classes, family, caretaking, and other obligations
- Duration: 3 months, with potential extension
- Contract: For the time being, this is a contract role with no additional benefits apart from a monthly stipend annualized to an agreed upon salary
- Hardware: Employees must currently provide their own hardware and wifi for this remote role
- LinkedIn profile URL
- ~200 words on why you’re interested
Interviewing at Women in Voice
- Finalist candidates notified and invited to a phone/Zoom screen
- Remote interview with CEO/WiV staff to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and larger strategy with mission alignment
- Followup interviews with potential co-workers if necessary
Women in Voice is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If accommodations are required, please email email@example.com
Open roles at Women in Voice
Global Admin Location: Remote, the ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is preferred International 501c3 nonprofit Women in Voice (WiV) has a mission to celebrate and amplify women and gender diversity in the voice technology field. We launched in August 2018 and...