Boost your professional skills
For those of you who are new to the voice field and seeking for information and sources to get started, we have put together a few links that will help you to jump right in:
Conversation Design Guide by Google
Google has dedicated an entire website to crafting conversations that are natural and intuitive for users and scale your conversations across all devices to help users wherever they are.
Amazon Guide on Situational Design
Amazon has published a new Alexa Design Guide for skill builders, built around the principles of situational design so you can create more engaging and habitual skills.
Building for Google Assistant
Google Developers Codelabs
On this page you’ll find thorough guides on creating Google Actions, for beginners and advanced developers:
Google Assistant Resources
Aygul Zagidullina, lead of Women in Voice London, has put together a great list of where to go for recent news and guides on Google Assistant:
Building for Amazon Alexa
Alexa Skills Kit – Tutorials
Learn how to design for voice, build and launch Alexa Skills with great tutorials, templates, and code samples provided by Amazon:
How to build a Hello World Alexa Skill
Learn how to create a Hello World Alexa Skill in this tutorial by Madhur Bhargava, a specialist in various mobile/embedded technologies:
This podcast is about showcasing the creative, inclusive community in voice technology with a focus on educational and innovative content. This show is part of VOICE Summit, the world’s largest voice tech event.
- What Consumers Want to Know About Voice with Katherine Prescott, Founder & Editor at VoiceBrewBringing Voice to British Gas with Diana Mundo & Laura Celada
- How IVR Design Can Help Us Improve VUI with Maria Spyropoulou, Speech Systems Analyst
- Why Circular Conversational Design is Best with Alison Greenberg, CEO at aflow
The Voicebot Podcast is about the intersection of voice and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies. It is a weekly look at trends, founders and newsmakers and supplements the daily research, analysis and news.
The practical voice podcast: Learn how to implement voice first strategy and create world-class voice experiences with the VUX World podcast.
A podcast about conversation design, voice UX and chatbot design. Every month, they talk with experts in the field about their creative process, their background, their insights, and their challenges. Before the podcast is recorded, the community decides questions they would like to ask to the guests.
Listen to conversations with voice technology experts, and boost your knowledge and technical skills. Learn from #voicefirst professionals about voice interfaces, voice assistants, chatbots, alexa, machine learning, data science and AI.
- Social Robot Counsellors – Jackie Andrade, Uni. Plymouth – Voice Tech Podcast ep.055
- Voice Trends & Design Tips – BBC, BMW – Voice Tech Podcast ep.030
The mission of the Sound In Marketing podcast is to pique your interest, or possibly even blow your mind. Let’s think outside the box at what is hovering all around us; sound. It’s powerful, it’s engaging, it’s us. If you enjoyed today’s episode, please follow, subscribe, leave a review, and share.
- Cathy Pearl, Head of Conversation Design Outreach at Google: Designing Voice User Interfaces: Principles of Conversational Experiences
- Susan & Scot Westwater, Founders of Pragmatic Digital: Voice Strategy: Creating Useful and Usable Voice Experiences
- Sign up for the Women in Voice Book Club: Learn more here!