Our websites (especially womeninvoice.org) play an important role in conveying our mission. We constantly work on improving and maintaining our existing content, adding further topics and planning additional services. If you are a developer with WordPress experience, a bit of design expertise and the desire to see things through end to end, we’d love your help. This is a remote position with an estimated working time of 2 – 4 hours/week.
Webmaster reports to: COO, Works with the Director of Content and Director of Chapters
- Planning and Strategy: Improves the website
- Development and Maintenance of Membership Portal
- Enhances Security and SEO
- Creates Readspeaker updates and integration
- Ensuring the security and functionality of the global and chapter website
- Onboards new chapter website teams
- Manages email accounts
Time, Compensation, Duration
- Time: 2 – 4 hours/week
- Compensation: Contract, part-time role with stipend
- Professional Development: Contact with professionals and leaders in the voice technology field, professional support, and connections to projects and jobs.
- Duration: 10 months, with potential extension
- WordPress: We use Wordpress to power the WiV global website and chapter sites.
- Divi: Experience with the Divi Theme by Elegant themes would be a bonus.
- Asana: Working with a global distributed remote team can get complex quickly we use asana to manage projects.
- Intersectional: We believe in diverse teams, we’d love you to be able to speak to what intersectional feminism means to you in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaborations
- Heart: Has ample amounts of compassion, passion, and vision
- We vs I: Values community and relationships over awards/prizes, boasting, and ego-centric behaviors exclusively
- Respect: You treat yourself and others with respect and dignity
- Empathy and Ambition: High level of empathy, and the ambition to mediate across cultures
- Decorum: Follows the WiV Code of Conduct
- Email Skills: Email savvy. Crafting emails is a breeze
Odds and Ends
- Entrepreneurial: We do not endeavor to be the exclusive owner of employees. We want you to flourish by following your passions. We encourage and enable our employees to pursue that which fuels them and shape our roles to serve both the requirements for this role in addition to outside projects, classes, family, caretaking, and other obligations
- Hardware: Employees must currently provide their own hardware and wifi for this remote role
- LinkedIn profile URL or Link to online other online presence
- ~200 words on why you’re interested
Interviewing at Women in Voice
- Finalist candidates notified
- Invited to a phone screen
- Remote interview with COO to discuss role fit
- Remote Interview with CEO to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and larger strategy with mission alignment
Women in Voice is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If accommodations are required, please email email@example.com
Open roles at Women in Voice
We launched in August 2018 and are currently pending nonprofit status. With rising team members, partners, chapters and growing momentum, we are looking for an organizational talent to assist with calendar and meeting management, travel arrangements, and...
The Role of the COO is to build, maintain and execute processes that allow all the workgroups and individuals within the WiV organization to operate at their best. While also keeping a global view on how all these different aspects of our operation work together to...