We launched in August 2018 and are currently pending nonprofit status. With rising team members, partners, chapters and growing momentum, we are looking for an organizational talent to assist with calendar and meeting management, travel arrangements, and communication, and help with hiring and onboarding new team members, payroll etc. This is a remote position with an estimated working time of 5-10 hours weekly.
- Organizer: Oversee all of the department’s employee files, recordkeeping, calendar management, facilitation, meeting scheduling, meeting minutes, correspondence, travel arrangements, handling of confidential and sensitive materials
- Communication: Communicates appropriately and clearly to community, Ambassadors, Global Webmaster, etc.
- Orientation and Onboarding: Conduct new employee orientation, new hire checklist, new hire training and scheduling
- Effective Worker: Effectively prioritizes work and deals with multiple demands and tasks
- Writing: Provides clear and concise communication both written and verbally
- Payroll and book keeping: Familiarity with Xero, Quickbooks or similar is a bonus.
- Time: 5-10 hours weekly. Part-time, remote, async contract work
- Location: Remote, the ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is preferred
- Intersectional: We believe in diverse teams, we’d love you to be able to speak to what intersectional feminism means to you in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Voice: Ideally has some background in voice and leadership roles
Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaborations
- Heart: Has ample amounts of compassion, passion, and vision
- We vs I: Values community and relationships over awards/prizes, boasting, and ego-centric behaviors exclusively
- Respect: You treat yourself and others with respect and dignity
- Empathy and Ambition: High level of empathy, and the ambition to mediate across cultures
- Decorum: Follows the WiV Code of Conduct
- Email Skills: Email savvy. Crafting emails is a breeze
Odds and Ends
- Entrepreneurial: We do not endeavor to be the exclusive owner of employees. We want you to flourish by following your passions. We encourage and enable our employees to pursue that which fuels them and shape our roles to serve both the requirements for this role in addition to outside projects, classes, family, caretaking, and other obligations
- Duration: 12 months, with potential extension
- Contract: For the time being, this is a contract role with no additional benefits apart from a monthly stipend annualized to an agreed upon salary
- Hardware: Employees must currently provide their own hardware and wifi for this remote role
- LinkedIn profile URL
- ~200 words on why you’re interested
Interviewing at Women in Voice
- Finalist candidates notified and invited to a phone/Zoom screen
- Remote interview with CEO/WiV staff to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and larger strategy with mission alignment
- Followup interviews with potential co-workers if necessary
Women in Voice is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If accommodations are required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open roles at Women in Voice
Our websites (especially womeninvoice.org) play an important role in conveying our mission. We constantly work on improving and maintaining our existing content, adding further topics and planning additional services. If you are a developer with WordPress experience,...
The Role of the COO is to build, maintain and execute processes that allow all the workgroups and individuals within the WiV organization to operate at their best. While also keeping a global view on how all these different aspects of our operation work together to...