The Role of Director of Content is to lead the development, production, and strategy of content across WiV digital channels.
This role is responsible for overseeing the creation of content that is consistent with WiV’s brand identity and messaging, and that reaches and engages the greater community and industry. The Director of Content will also build out and work with a Content Team to develop and implement content strategies that support WiV’s overall goals. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong passion for content creation and production, as well as interest in social media marketing and community management.
Location: Remote. Must have 5 hours of overlap working time with US working hours.
Leadership Role | Content Development, Production and Strategy
- Content Creation: Oversee and produce content across digital platforms, working on development, timeline, production and strategy
- Manage the production of content, from writing and editing to design and distribution
- Brand Awareness: Brand consistency and messaging across digital, providing guidelines for cohesion across all WiV channels and Chapters
- Reach + Engagement: Support WiV Chapters through cross-promotion, amplify WiV member voices, drive audience engagement and positive brand sentiment
- Content Team: Create, develop and empower social team and members to produce original content
- Development: Manage idea slate, prioritize and pilot formats across channels
- Track the performance of content and make adjustments as needed
- Strategy: Use WiV Roadmap in content planning and strategic roll-out
- Social Accounts: Manage and maintain WiV global accounts, access, and updates
Teamwork | Mentorship
- Communication: Lead monthly content strategy meeting with core global team, attend chapter connect calls and other mtg’s as needed
- Teamwork: Weekly (as needed) collaboration with producers and strategists, work closely with the CEO, future COO, future Director of Chapters, Board Members
- Mentorship: Explicitly and implicitly mentors any roles that report to the Director of Content. Leading by example and having productive conversations about growth and maturity.
- Monthly Reports and Quarterly Reports: Create monthly and quarterly reports to track social media growth and evolution to support the community and fundraising efforts
- Management: Manage the Content producers and creators as well as keeping the vision/goals of the Social Media committee and WiV moving forward.
- Intersectional: We believe in diverse teams, we’d love you to be able to speak to what intersectional feminism means to you in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Voice/AI: Has some professional background in voice and leadership roles
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written/spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaborations
- Heart: Has ample amounts of compassion, passion, and vision
- We vs I: Values community and relationships over awards/prizes, boasting, and ego-centric behaviors exclusively
- Professionalism: You treat yourself and others with respect and politeness
- Empathy and Ambition: High level of empathy, and the ambition to mediate across cultures
- Decorum: Follows the WiV Code of Conduct
- Email Skills: Email savvy. Crafting emails is a breeze
Time, Compensation, Duration
Time: 10 hours/week, asynchronous and remote apart from some meetings
Report: This role reports to the CEO or COO
Compensation: Volunteer Role at this time
Professional Development: Contact with professionals and leaders in the voice and AI technology field, professional support, and connections to projects and jobs.
Duration: 12 months, with potential extension
Odds and Ends
- Entrepreneurial: We do not endeavor to be the exclusive owner of employees or volunteers. We want you to flourish by following your passions. We encourage and enable our team to pursue that which fuels them and shape our roles to serve both the requirements for this role in addition to outside projects, classes, family, caretaking, and other obligations.
- Contract: For the time being, this is a volunteer role with no additional benefits or stipend.
- Hardware: Candidate must provide their own hardware and wifi for this remote role
- LinkedIn profile URL
- 200 words on why you’re interested
While this role is a volunteer post, Women in Voice is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If accommodations are required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open roles at Women in Voice
The Role of the COO is to build, maintain and execute processes that allow all the workgroups and individuals within the WiV organization to operate at their best. While also keeping a global view on how all these different aspects of our operation work together to...