2021 Call for Board Members
Opportunity to make an impact 💫 by joining the WiV Board of Directors!
We are looking for Board of Directors who donate their time to projects as well as quarterly meetings and email reading at WiV.
You will be invited to speak at panels, roundtables, and events. You will get as much out of the position as you put into it.
>> To learn more or be considered: Reach out to admin at womeninvoice.org for an application
Deadline: August 31, 2021
What are the Responsibilities and Duties?
The information below outlines the differences between Board of Director Members and Advisors to Women in Voice.
We deeply appreciate the work, support, and commitment our Board and Advisors give towards the Women in Voice Mission.
“Throughout my career in voice, I’ve had the privilege of working with so many talented, smart, creative women. And yet many times, they are overlooked when it comes to being given credit as experts, promotions at work, speaking engagements, and public recognition. WiV has already done a lot to give women in the field more visibility and more opportunities, and I look forward to working with them.”
Cathy Pearl, WiV Board Member
Thank you to our departing Board Members!
Nieves and Jennie are moving to the Advisory Board. Caitlin is stepping back. Thank you all for your service! 🥳
Women in Voice
Board vs Advisor Responsibilities and Duties
|Term Length||1-2 Years||Flexible|
|Upholds Mission and Values||Yes, represents the organization, and interprets the organization’s mission, work, goals, and values to the community. Adheres to the Code of Conduct||Yes|
|Required Attendance||Required attendance at least 80% of quarterly board meetings||As Requested|
|Has Access and Refers to Bylaws||Yes||No|
|Supports Fundraising||Yes. i.e. supports strategy and narrative of fundraising campaign, helps make requests from companies, posts on social media about fundraising campaigns, etc.||Requested|
|Featured on the Website/LinkedIn etc.||Yes||Yes|
|Confidentiality & NDA||Yes, NDA required||Yes, NDA required|
|Fiduciary Responsibilities||Yes, i.e. reviewing and voting on annual budget||No|
|Conflict of Interest and/or Competition with other Roles/ Companies/Titles||No||No|
|Covered by WiV D&O Insurance||Yes||No|
|Advise & Support in Decision Making & Planning||Yes||Yes|
|Actively lead and support Initiatives/ Projects/Committees||Yes||No|
Table material supported by (Cerius, 2020)
Broader Duties and Responsibilities
- Mission and Values: I will represent the organization, and interpret the organization’s mission, work, goals, and values to the community. I will act as an ally to women and minority genders and make every effort to be inclusive in the way that I conduct myself, especially on a public stage or in social media channels.
- Advocacy: I will act as an advocate in support of Women in Voice’s goals to attract new members, volunteers, trustees, and donors to the organization.
- Vision: I will engage in long-term planning for Women in Voice and I will help shape the vision and work of the organization.
- Conflict of Interest: I will act in the best interest of the organization, and excuse myself from discussions and votes when I have a conflict of interest. We expressly ask about conflict of interest before votes.
- Oversight and Support of the Executive Director: I will give guidance and oversight of the Executive Director and team of contractors/staff. I recognize my responsibilities are both in the long term strategy as well as the day to day and month to month execution of projects and responsibilities.
- Informed and Engaged: I will stay informed about what is going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies, finances and other board matters. I will, to the best of my ability, take advantage of educational and professional development opportunities in order to be informed.
- Active Participation and Support: I will actively contribute to the WiV initiative(s) of my choice, and am willing to take a leadership role in one of the committees Women in Voice will create to move initiatives forward.
- Time Commitment: it takes time and effort to maintain and move forward our organization. Women in Voice is asking board members to contribute a minimum of 2 hrs/week to help work on our initiatives. For advisors, the estimated amount of time required is 4 hrs/month, which may vary depending on the tasks and topics at hand.
- Insurance Coverage of Board Members: Women in Voice will hold a policy of Director & Officer insurance coverage. Provided that I fulfill my commitments to the Board and do not violate its policies, I understand that I will be covered under this insurance policy. To the extent allowed by law, Women in Voice will indemnify me from liability for reasonable and necessary actions as a board member. Board members have access to the WiV insurance policy.